CHINA global Conference, Fudan University, Shanghai
Expanding Spheres of Exchange
May 11-12, 2019, Saturday & Sunday
The conference is meant to tackle phenomena of expanding global exchanges - not only in economic but also in legal, social, and cultural terms - with a focus that might reflect China's emergence as a new pivot of globalization. What do these exchanges, or processes, look like in various field? What are their manifest or tacit normative conditions and presumptions, as seen from the vantagepoint of the respective participants? And what are their effects in terms of normative convergence or divergence? It is questions like these what we hope to learn more about.
I. Expanding Exchanges
Lectures with a historical perspective on various kinds of 'exchanges' (commdoties, services, people, ideas, externalities of all kinds) between China and the world.
2. R. Bin Wong, Asian History UCLA
3. LIU Qi, Social Anthropology, East China Normal University Shanghai
II. Propriety and Fairness Contextualized
Lectures exploring different understandings and practices of propriety and fairness.
4. Stefan Gosepath, Philosophy, FU Berlin
5. Horacio Ortiz, Anthropology, East China Normal University Shanghai
6. LIU Xiaofei, Philosophy, Xiamen University
III. Moves Towards Common Ground
Lectures addressing the dynamics of agreement and disagreement on norms and values.
7. Melissa Williams, Political Science, Toronto
8 .CI Jiwei, Philosophy, Hongkong
9. Susanne Brandstädter & Wilfried Hinsch, Social Anthropology/Philosophy, Cologne
IV. Constructing Legitimate Authority
Lectures with a focus on global governance and emerging authorities.
10. Michael Zürn, International Relations, WZB Berlin
11. CHEN Yifeng, International Law, Peking University
12. BAI Tongdong, Philosophy, Fudan University
Susanne Brandtstädter (Social Anthropology, Cologne),
Wilfried Hinsch (Philosophy, Cologne),
BAI Tongdong (Philosophy, Fudan/Shanghai )
Fudan/Shanghai : PAN Sisi (pansisi(at)fudan.edu.cn)
Cologne: Amtul Shaheen (ashahee1(at)uni-koeln.de)